Subject: Re: [PATCH] tpm: ibmvtpm: Call tpm2_sessions_init() to initialize session support

From: "Jarkko Sakkinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2024 03:48:00 +0300

On Wed Jul 3, 2024 at 3:34 AM EEST, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-integrity/[email-masked]/T/#u
>
> There's also bunch of other drivers than tpm_ibmvtpm so better
> to limit it to known good drivers.
>
> I can take at the actual issue in August and will review any
> possible patches then. This one I'll send after my current PR
> for TPM has been merged.

After this patch has been merged to mainline, you can send your change
as a feature patch for tpm_ibmvtpm and replace Kconfig line with
"depends on ... || TCG_IBMVTPM".

This zeros the risk other drivers than tpm_tis, tpm_crb and tpm_ibmvtpm,
and thus is the only possible solution that I'm willing to accept in
*fast phase*". I.e. the most conservative and guaranteed route, like
anyone with sane mind should really.

BR, Jarkko