Subject: Re: Outstanding DTC patches?

From: Jon Loeliger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 08:38:21 -0600

So, like, the other day David Gibson mumbled:
> Ah, I think I sent it by private mail, so it won't be in patchwork.
> Here you are:

Ah, that explains it.

> dtc/libfdt: Add README clarifying licensing
> 
> The fact the dtc are distributed together, but have different licenses
> can be a bit confusing.  Several people have enquired as to what the
> deal is with the libfdt licensing, so this patch adds a README
> clarifying the situation with a rationale.
> 
> Signed-off-by: David Gibson <[email-masked]>

After correcting the log-message English a bit, it was applied.

    The fact that the dtc and libfdt are distributed together, but have
    different licenses, can be a bit confusing.  Several people have
    enquired as to what the deal is with the libfdt licensing, so this
    patch adds a README clarifying the situation with a rationale.

To be in agreement in the record, I too signed off on that patch.

Objections to either, please let me know!

Thanks,
jdl