Subject: official patches ceasing at 2.4.18 on kernel.org?

From: "Chuck Meade" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 22:26:45 -0400

Is there a reason that the ppc patches directory under the
kernel.org ports area has not been updated with patches since
2.4.18?

I saw that Geert was offering to create one for 2.4.21, and that
would be great -- just wondering why placing patches out there
on kernel.org has ceased.

I am creating a local ppc 2.4.21 tree.  I see the following are
the most recent 2.4.21 tags on the BK server:

  v2.4.21_linuxppc_2_4_devel
  v2.4.21_linuxppc
  v2.4.21

What is the significance of these three different tags?
What does each represent?

What would be great is for the patches under ports on kernel.org
to be carried forward/kept up to date.  If that is not going to
be continued, then what is the best way to create the same thing,
i.e. a solid 2.4.21 ppc tree, using what is available via BK?

Thanks,
Chuck

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/