Subject: Re: boot params

From: Giuliano Pochini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:38:37 +0200 (CEST)

>> I'm trying to make the new aic7xxx driver work on my blue G3 and I
>> need to pass boot parameters to the kernel. I'm using yaboot. How
>> can I do ? Am I the only one who has problems with the new driver ?
>
> in your image= section:
>
>       append="whatever"

Ok.

> and rerun ybin.

Do you rerun ybin ?  I just change yaboot.conf and it works.

> which new driver are you referring to?  in 2.4?

The new aic7xxx (v6.1.x).

> i have never had to
> do anything special to get this driver working on my blue g3 with a
> 2930.

I have problem with devices running at different clocks on the same bus.
v6.1.11 hangs during bus scanning.

Bye.
    Giuliano Pochini ->)|(<- Shiny Network {AS6665} ->)|(<-

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/