Subject: Re: Booting 2.2.0-pre6 on a PowerStack-II (Net 4000/200)

From: Gary Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:54:41 -0000 (GMT)

On 22-Jan-99 Cort Dougan wrote:
> 
> The changes are not minor.  I'm going to hold off for a while.
> 

What about the fixes for the PS/2 mouse?  These are not large, but
significant for systems that need to intialize the mouse from scratch.

> arch/ppc/boot needs to be redone anyway so until that happens (which
> should happen soon) I think it best to wait.  
> 
> My current thinking is that there will be a arch/ppc/prepboot for prep and
> a arch/ppc/8xxboot for the 8xx processor systems (mbx, rpx lite and so
> on).  prepboot will likely be based on Gabriels prepboot code.  Those are
> just my rough ideas right now so they're subject to change.  Anyone have
> suggestions or opinions about that?
> 
> }I suspose it is too late to get this in the real 2.2.0 release?
> 

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-dev  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-dev, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to [email-masked] ]]