Subject: RE: MKLinux on Performa 6200

From: Gary Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 07:15:05 -0000 (GMT)

On 18-Feb-99 Nathan Hurst wrote:
> 
> On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Gary Thomas wrote:
> 
>> On 17-Feb-99 marcos otero garcia wrote:
>> > My Questions:
>> > Does the Installatin not run because of the MK Linux Booter v1.4? What about other Booters
>> > Do I have a chance on running Linux on the Performa 6200?
>> > What about alternative System?
>> 
>> Terribly sorry, but at this point there is no Linux (of any type) available
>> for that machine.  I have one myself and it just sits here, unused :-(
> 
> For these machines(all the nubus ones) would it be possible to use BootX
> and fake the OF device tree?  Do we have GPLd drivers for all the early
> PPC apple hardware?
> 

I've never tried BootX, so I couldn't tell you, sorry.  It might very well
provide useful in this environment.

I haven't looked lately, but the last time I did, there were no GPL drivers
for the hardware in question.  But I'll look around again [in my *copious*
spare time]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Thomas                              |
email: [email-masked]                  | "Fine wine is a necessity of
   ... opinions expressed here are mine  |        life for me"
       and no one else would claim them! |
                                         |      Thomas Jefferson
------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-dev  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-dev, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to [email-masked] ]]