Subject: Re: modifying boot loader

From: Gary Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:38:22 +0100 (BST)

On 30-Mar-99 David Edelsohn wrote:
> 
>>>>>> Dave Weis writes:
> 
> Dave> It's a 7011-250, the first 601 machine. Actually I found a copy of AIXpert
> Dave> online that had the announcement for the machine. 
> 
>       I doubt LinuxPPC will work on a 601-based machine.  The PPC601 was a
> POWER architecture chip with PowerPC user instructions added. 
> 

It absolutely does work on 601 based machines!  At least this one (that I know of):
  IBM - Nobis (Sandalfoot)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Thomas                              |
email: [email-masked]                  | "Fine wine is a necessity of
   ... opinions expressed here are mine  |        life for me"
       and no one else would claim them! |
                                         |      Thomas Jefferson
------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]