Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/8] sched, smp: Trace IPIs sent via send_call_function_single_ipi()

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 12:04:47 +0100

* Valentin Schneider <[email-masked]> wrote:

> send_call_function_single_ipi() is the thing that sends IPIs at the bottom
> of smp_call_function*() via either generic_exec_single() or
> smp_call_function_many_cond(). Give it an IPI-related tracepoint.
> 
> Note that this ends up tracing any IPI sent via __smp_call_single_queue(),
> which covers __ttwu_queue_wakelist() and irq_work_queue_on() "for free".
> 
> Signed-off-by: Valentin Schneider <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Steven Rostedt (Google) <[email-masked]>

Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>

Patch series logistics:

 - No objections from the scheduler side, this feature looks pretty useful.

 - Certain patches are incomplete, others are noted as being merged 
   separately, so I presume you'll send an updated/completed series 
   eventually?

 - We can merge this via the scheduler tree I suspect, as most callbacks 
   affected relate to tip:sched/core and tmp:smp/core - but if you have 
   some other preferred tree that's fine too.

Thanks,

	Ingo