Subject: Re: [for-stable-4.19 PATCH v2 0/2] Backport patches to fix KASAN+LKDTM with recent clang on ARM64

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 11:57:09 +0100

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 12:16:24PM +0800, Nicolas Boichat wrote:
> Backport 2 patches that are required to make KASAN+LKDTM work
> with recent clang (patch 2/2 has a complete description).
> Tested on our chromeos-4.19 branch.
> Also compile tested on x86-64 and arm64 with gcc this time
> around.
> 
> Patch 1/2 adds a guard around noinstr that matches upstream,
> to prevent a build issue, and has some minor context conflicts.
> Patch 2/2 is a clean backport.
> 
> These patches have been merged to 5.4 stable already. We might
> need to backport to older stable branches, but this is what I
> could test for now.

Ok, trying this again, let's see what breaks :)

thanks,

greg k-h