Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 04/15] swiotlb: Add restricted DMA pool initialization

From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 11:49:34 -0400

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 02:48:35PM +0800, Claire Chang wrote:
> I didn't move this to a separate file because I feel it might be
> confusing for swiotlb_alloc/free (and need more functions to be
> non-static).
> Maybe instead of moving to a separate file, we can try to come up with
> a better naming?

I think you are referring to:

rmem_swiotlb_setup

?

Which is ARM specific and inside the generic code?

<sigh>

Christopher wants to unify it in all the code so there is one single
source, but the "you seperate arch code out from generic" saying
makes me want to move it out.

I agree that if you move it out from generic to arch-specific we have to
expose more of the swiotlb functions, which will undo's Christopher
cleanup code.

How about this - lets leave it as is now, and when there are more
use-cases we can revisit it and then if need to move the code?