Subject: Re: [patch V3 28/35] PCI/MSI: Simplify pci_irq_get_affinity()

From: Nathan Chancellor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 15:30:00 -0700

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 11:19:26PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
> 
> Replace open coded MSI descriptor chasing and use the proper accessor
> functions instead.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>

Apologies if this has already been reported somewhere else or already
fixed, I did a search of all of lore and did not see anything similar to
it and I did not see any new commits in -tip around this.

I just bisected a boot failure on my AMD test desktop to this patch as
commit f48235900182 ("PCI/MSI: Simplify pci_irq_get_affinity()") in
-next. It looks like there is a problem with the NVMe drive after this
change according to the logs. Given that the hard drive is not getting
mounted for journald to write logs to, I am not really sure how to get
them from the machine so I have at least taken a picture of what I see
on my screen; open to ideas on that front!

https://github.com/nathanchance/bug-files/blob/0d25d78b5bc1d5e9c15192b3bc80676364de8287/f48235900182/crash.jpg

Please let me know what information I can provide to make debugging this
easier and I am more than happy to apply and test patches as needed.

Cheers,
Nathan