Subject: [PATCH 0/3] KASAN support for 64-bit Book 3S powerpc

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 17:25:34 +1000

This patch series implements KASAN on 64-bit POWER with radix MMU,
such as POWER9 or POWER10.  Daniel Axtens posted previous versions of
these patches, but is no longer working on KASAN, and I have been
asked to get them ready for inclusion.

Because of various technical difficulties, mostly around the need to
allow for code that runs in real mode, we only support "outline" mode
(as opposed to "inline" mode), where the compiler adds a call to
a checking procedure before every store to memory.

The main patch is still marked [RFC] because of known deficiencies,
specifically that the kernel will crash on boot on a HPT system, and
that out-of-bounds accesses to module global data are not caught
(which leads to one of the KASAN tests failing).

Comments welcome.  I may not have addressed all the comments about
previous versions of these patches; if so, then please just repeat
your comments.

Paul.

 Documentation/dev-tools/kasan.rst                  |   7 +-
 Documentation/powerpc/kasan.txt                    |  58 ++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                               |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig.debug                         |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hash.h          |   4 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h       |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/radix.h         |  13 ++-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/interrupt.h               |  52 ++++++++---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kasan.h                   |  22 +++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ptrace.h                  |   6 --
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile                       |  11 +++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/process.c                      |  16 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c                          |  22 ++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/traps.c                        |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kexec/Makefile                        |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/Makefile                          |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/lib/Makefile                          |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/Makefile                  |   9 ++
 arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/Makefile                     |   3 +-
 .../mm/kasan/{kasan_init_32.c => init_32.c}        |   0
 arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/init_book3s_64.c             | 103 +++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/ptdump.c                    |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype             |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/Makefile            |   8 ++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/smp.c               |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/Makefile            |   6 ++
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xics/xics-common.c             |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xive/common.c                  |   4 +-
 28 files changed, 330 insertions(+), 51 deletions(-)