Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] KASAN support for 64-bit Book 3S powerpc

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 20:03:27 +1000

This patch series implements KASAN on 64-bit POWER with radix MMU,
such as POWER9 or POWER10.  Daniel Axtens posted previous versions of
these patches, but is no longer working on KASAN, and I have been
asked to get them ready for inclusion.

Because of various technical difficulties, mostly around the need to
allow for code that runs in real mode, we only support "outline" mode
(as opposed to "inline" mode), where the compiler adds a call to
a checking procedure before every store to memory.

This series has known deficiencies, specifically that the kernel will
crash on boot on a HPT system, and that out-of-bounds accesses to
module global data are not caught (which leads to one of the KASAN
tests failing).

v2: Split the large patch 3/3 of the previous series into three
patches and addressed review comments; put the generic documentation
changes in a separate patch at the end of the series; removed the RFC
tag.

Comments welcome.

Paul.

 Documentation/dev-tools/kasan.rst                  |   7 +-
 Documentation/powerpc/kasan.txt                    |  58 ++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                               |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig.debug                         |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hash.h          |   4 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h       |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/radix.h         |  12 ++-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/interrupt.h               |  52 ++++++++---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kasan.h                   |  22 +++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile                       |  11 +++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c                          |  22 ++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/traps.c                        |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kexec/Makefile                        |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/Makefile                          |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/lib/Makefile                          |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/Makefile                  |   9 ++
 arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/Makefile                     |   3 +-
 .../mm/kasan/{kasan_init_32.c => init_32.c}        |   0
 arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/init_book3s_64.c             | 103 +++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/ptdump.c                    |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype             |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/Makefile            |   8 ++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/smp.c               |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/Makefile            |   6 ++
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xics/xics-common.c             |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xive/common.c                  |   4 +-
 26 files changed, 320 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)