Subject: Re: [PATCH v9 10/10] PCI: dwc: ep: Add Kernel-doc comments for APIs

From: Niklas Cassel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 22:58:12 +0100

On Mon, Mar 04, 2024 at 02:52:22PM +0530, Manivannan Sadhasivam wrote:
> All of the APIs are missing the Kernel-doc comments. Hence, add them.
> 
> Reviewed-by: Frank Li <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Manivannan Sadhasivam <[email-masked]>
> ---

For the functions that you added in this series, e.g.
dw_pcie_ep_cleanup(), dw_pcie_ep_init_non_sticky_registers(),
and dw_pcie_ep_linkdown(), I think that it would have been
better if you actually added the kdoc in the same commit that
added the respective function.

For the existing functions that did not have a kdoc, I think
it would have been better if you fixed this as patch 1/10 in
this series. (Or 2/10, in case you keep the Fixes tag for the
"PCI: dwc: ep: Fix DBI access failure for drivers requiring
refclk from host" patch.)

Yes, I know that you rename some of these functions that
lacked kdoc later in the series, but the whole kdoc description
would be the same, the kdoc parameters would be the same, and the
kdoc return value would be the same.

If you later rename a function, you would only need to change
the kdoc function name (in addition to the function declaration
itself).

Kind regards,
Niklas