Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] Deduplicate string exposure in sysfs

From: Lukas Wunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 16:31:42 +0200

Dear Greg,

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 10:00:00PM +0200, Lukas Wunner wrote:
> Introduce a generic ->show() callback to expose a string as a device
> attribute in sysfs.  Deduplicate various identical callbacks across
> the tree.
> 
> Result:  Minus 216 LoC, minus 1576 bytes vmlinux size (x86_64 allyesconfig).
> 
> This is a byproduct of my upcoming PCI device authentication v2 patches.
> 
> 
> Lukas Wunner (6):
>   driver core: Add device_show_string() helper for sysfs attributes
>   hwmon: Use device_show_string() helper for sysfs attributes
>   IB/qib: Use device_show_string() helper for sysfs attributes
>   perf: Use device_show_string() helper for sysfs attributes
>   platform/x86: Use device_show_string() helper for sysfs attributes
>   scsi: Use device_show_string() helper for sysfs attributes

This series hasn't been applied to driver-core-next AFAICS and the
merge window is drawing closer.

So far only patches 1, 2 and 5 have been ack'ed by the respective
subsystem maintainers.  If the missing acks are the reason it hasn't
been applied, would it be possibe to apply only 1, 2 and 5?

I would then resubmit the other ones individually to the subsystem
maintainers in the next cycle.

Thanks!

Lukas