Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/17] Wire up getrandom() vDSO implementation on powerpc

From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2024 10:23:20 +0200

On Mon, Aug 26, 2024 at 09:19:22AM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
> 
> Thanks for this series. There are quite a few preliminary patches in it,
> before you get to the PPC part, which fix up general build system or test
> harness correctness issues. Since some of those affect all architectures
> that are adding vDSO getrandom() support for 6.12, I'm going to take
> those into my random.git tree as a fix for 6.11 now, in hopes that the
> new archs can mostly go into arch trees without too many tree
> interdependencies.
> 
> So I'll reply to individual patches for that, mentioning which ones I
> extract.

I've committed a bunch of these to:

    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/crng/random.git/log/

For a v3, if you rebase on there, that'd make things easier for me to
keep picking patches that I intend to send out for 6.11-rc6 later this
week. And then hopefully your 6.12 ppc implementation can just go in via
the ppc tree with my eventual ack on the crypto part, without needing
these interdependencies.

Jason