Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] [POWERPC] 85xx: Add basic Uniprocessor MPC8572 DS port

From: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:36:55 +0200

Looks a lot better, thanks!

Some minor nits and suggestions...

> +/ {
> +	model = "fsl,MPC8572DS";
> +	compatible = "fsl,MPC8572DS", "fsl,MPC85xxDS";

We don't want "xx" compatible entries; especially here it makes
no sense at all.  If the board is compatible to some other (older)
board, just name that board explicitly.

> +		PowerPC,8572@0 {

Maybe it would be good to use "PowerPC,e500" instead -- it would
make it easier to probe for the actual CPU type, that way.  Not
that Linux uses the name/compatible here at all ;-)

> +	soc8572@ffe00000 {

You should put an interrupt-parent in here, so you can get rid of
it in all the children.

And then there's the pci_bridge thing we're discussing on IRC, of
course -- basically, get rid of the pci_bridge pseudo-node, and
move the interrupt-map for the south-bridge devices into the
south-bridge node.

Segher