Subject: Re: building ppc_htab?

From: Kumar Gala <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:34:14 -0600

On Mar 16, 2005, at 4:11 PM, Tom Rini wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 12:57:24AM -0600, Kumar Gala wrote:
>
> > Is there any reason not to make the following change so we build
> > ppc_htab only on PPC STD MMU?=A0 This would also require fixing up
> > fs/proc/proc_misc.c.
>
> I could have sworn, but maybe my memory sucks, that we no longer =
messed
> w/ fs/proc/proc_misc.c for any of the PPC-specific things (since in =
2.6
>  you can do all of that proc magic in your 'driver').=A0 So this patch
>  would make a great deal of sense to do, and if it lacks what I'm=20
> talking
>  about, we should do that part as well :)

I'm not exactly clear on what you are talking about.  There is this=20
snippet in fs/proc/proc_misc.c:

#ifdef CONFIG_PPC32
         {
                 extern struct file_operations ppc_htab_operations;
                 entry =3D create_proc_entry("ppc_htab", =
S_IRUGO|S_IWUSR,=20
NULL);
                 if (entry)
                         entry->proc_fops =3D &ppc_htab_operations;
         }
#endif

Are you suggesting this should live elsewhere?  I'm not that familiar=20
with proc code.

- kumar