Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 09/25] KVM: TDX: Fold tdx_sept_drop_private_spte() into tdx_sept_remove_private_spte()

From: Sean Christopherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2025 07:59:58 -0700

On Thu, Oct 23, 2025, Kai Huang wrote:
> On Thu, 2025-10-16 at 17:32 -0700, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> > Fold tdx_sept_drop_private_spte() into tdx_sept_remove_private_spte() to
> > avoid having to differnatiate between "zap", "drop", and "remove", and to
> 		  ^
> 		  differentiate
> 
> Nit: it's a wee bit confusing that you mentioned "zap", because after this
> patch tdx_sept_zap_private_spte() is still there.  But it may be only me
> feeling that way.

Hmm, yeah, I agree that's a confusing/misleading.  How about this?

  KVM: TDX: Fold tdx_sept_drop_private_spte() into tdx_sept_remove_private_spte()
  
  Fold tdx_sept_drop_private_spte() into tdx_sept_remove_private_spte() as a
  step towards having "remove" be the only and only function that deals with
  removing/zapping/dropping a SPTE, e.g. to avoid having to differentiate
  between "zap", "drop", and "remove".  Eliminating the "drop" helper also
  gets rid of what is effectively dead code due to redundant checks, e.g. on
  an HKID being assigned.
  
  No functional change intended.