Subject: Re: [PATCH] IB/ehca: Serialize HCA-related hCalls on POWER5

From: Roland Dreier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:22:39 -0800

> I think it needs some more inspection. The msleep in there is only called
 > for hcalls that return H_IS_LONG_BUSY(). In theory, you can call
 > ehca_plpar_hcall_norets() from inside an interrupt handler if the
 > hcall in question never returns long busy.

Fair enough... according to Documentation/infiniband/core_locking.txt,
the only driver methods that cannot sleep are:

    create_ah
    modify_ah
    query_ah
    destroy_ah
    bind_mw
    post_send
    post_recv
    poll_cq
    req_notify_cq
    map_phys_fmr

and I don't think ehca does an hcall from any of those.  Of course
there might be other driver-internal code paths that I don't know
about.  Maybe do a quick audit and then stick might_sleep() in the
hcall functions to catch any mistakes?

 - R.