Subject: Re: [PATCH] MPC8xx PCMCIA driver

From: Magnus Damm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:44:47 +0900

Hello all,

Nice to see that this driver gets forward ported to 2.6. I originally
wrote it for pcmcia-cs, but it made its way into 2.4 after a while.
Thanks to all the people who added code and fixes.

I'm not sure how the current Linux pcmcia layer works, and I am not
involved in powerpc land anymore so I have no comments on the porting
work or the driver itself.

On 9/1/05, Dominik Brodowski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 11:48:40PM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> > Russell: The driver is using pccard_nonstatic_ops for card window
> > management, even though the driver its marked SS_STATIC_MAP (using
> > mem->static_map).
>=20
> This is obviously broken. Where does it fail if pccard_static_ops is used=
?

I remember it was interesting to write the driver for pcmcia-cs. This
was because the mpc8xx socket hardware did not implement per-window
offsets, and pcmcia-cs required that. So a wild guess is that this
static/notstatic thing is related to that.

/ magnus