Subject: [Bug 195755] rcu_sched detected stalls on CPUs/tasks: (detected by 0, t=6302 jiffies, g=11405, c=11404, q=1880), ppc64, G5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 07:41:29 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=195755

Nigel Reed ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            [email-masked]

--- Comment #29 from Nigel Reed ([email-masked]) ---
I know this is old but I have been having some issues for a while, I was
finally able to get something useful:

[165716.089703] rcu: INFO: rcu_sched detected stalls on CPUs/tasks:
[165716.095949] rcu:    1-...!: (0 ticks this GP) idle=354/0/0x0
softirq=2154363/2154363 fqs=0
[165716.104512] rcu:    3-...!: (0 ticks this GP) idle=29c/0/0x0
softirq=883832/883832 fqs=0
[165716.112873] rcu:    4-...!: (8 GPs behind) idle=ad8/0/0x0
softirq=2165586/2165586 fqs=0
[165716.121179] rcu:    9-...!: (9 GPs behind) idle=acc/0/0x0
softirq=1340600/1340600 fqs=0
[165716.129467] rcu:    11-...!: (2 GPs behind) idle=a18/0/0x0
softirq=4538536/4538537 fqs=0
[165716.137828] rcu:    12-...!: (0 ticks this GP) idle=870/0/0x0
softirq=2158040/2158040 fqs=0
[165775.697763] rcu: rcu_sched kthread starved for 29898 jiffies! g36134941
f0x0 RCU_GP_WAIT_FQS(5) ->state=0x402 ->cpu=3
[165775.709013] rcu: RCU grace-period kthread stack dump:
[165837.494623] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#6 stuck for 23s!
[(resolved):52315]
[165865.494840] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#6 stuck for 23s!
[(resolved):52315]

This happened just after freshclam ran but I don't know if it's related.

This is with a Ryzen 7 1800X CPU.
5.4.0-48-generic #52-Ubuntu

I thought I had sysrq configured but it seems not so I can't really provide any
more information, other than this is driving me crazy.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.