Subject: [Bug 199471] [Bisected][Regression] windfarm_pm* no longer gets automatically loaded when CONFIG_I2C_POWERMAC=y is set

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 15:39:23 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=199471

--- Comment #17 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
(In reply to Wolfram Sang from comment #16)
> Created attachment 287755 [details]
> proof-of-concept patch for testing
> 
> Here is the promised patch. I converted all I2C MODULE tables. pm72 didn't
> have one, so we will see what pulls it in.
> 
> A test with a machine needing the lm75 driver would be great. Because some
> code change was needed there.
Excellent! Applied your patch on 5.6-rc4 and it just works fine on my G5 11,2!
I can leave CONFIG_WINDFARM=m and the correct modules get pulled in just as it
was before kernel 4.17.

I can't test on the G5 7,3 from my original bug report 'cause I sold this one.
But from my understanding this "lm75" sensor is used in pretty any windfarm_pm*
module?
 # grep -i lm75 drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm*.c
drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm112.c:     request_module("windfarm_lm75_sensor");
drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm121.c:            
request_module("windfarm_lm75_sensor");
drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm72.c:      request_module("windfarm_lm75_sensor");
drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm81.c:             
request_module("windfarm_lm75_sensor");
drivers/macintosh/windfarm_pm91.c:             
request_module("windfarm_lm75_sensor");

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.