Subject: [Bug 199471] [Bisected][Regression] windfarm_pm* no longer gets automatically loaded when CONFIG_I2C_POWERMAC=y is set

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 13:13:00 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=199471

Wolfram Sang ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEEDINFO                    |ASSIGNED
         Regression|No                          |Yes

--- Comment #15 from Wolfram Sang ([email-masked]) ---
"I guess so 'cause if I build i2c_powermac as a module and manually modprobe
it, all the relevant windfarm modules get pulled in. But not before."

Maybe there is a module dependency I overlooked so far, but at least there is
no code loading the pm72 module from i2c-powermac.

However, the bisect is very valuable and very likely the commit is the culprit.
I was suspecting something changed the MODINFO, so loading fails, but I missed
this commit, so far. Also, it took me two approaches until I understood all the
behaviour involved. Macintosh drivers are still confusing.

I will cook up a patch to test later today to see if I was right.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.