Subject: [Bug 201723] THERM_WINDTUNNEL not working any longer in kernel 4.19.x (PowerMac G4 MDD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 22:49:00 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=201723

--- Comment #4 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 285535
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=285535&action=edit
bisect.log

Final bisect commit.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. :(

# git bisect bad | tee -a ~/bisect.log
3e7bed52719de4b5b5fb900869e293eae0bc3f3e is the first bad commit
commit 3e7bed52719de4b5b5fb900869e293eae0bc3f3e
Author: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Aug 21 17:02:39 2018 +0200

    macintosh: therm_windtunnel: drop using attach_adapter

    As we now have deferred probing, we can use a custom mechanism and
    finally get rid of the legacy interface from the i2c core.

    Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
    Acked-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

:040000 040000 04029fe24bce33dd0b815fa961cfa847a2abce77
2dc14e16e628b7e2fa4b65bfd6544c9c5e165a9a M      drivers

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.