Subject: [Bug 203125] Kernel 5.1-rc1 fails to boot on a PowerMac G4 3,6: Caused by (from SRR1=141020): Transfer error ack signal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 22:38:09 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=203125

--- Comment #4 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 282679
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=282679&action=edit
bisect.log

Finally, the results of the bisect...

f7354ccac844da7b1af8cc4f09da330fa3e960e4 is the first bad commit
commit f7354ccac844da7b1af8cc4f09da330fa3e960e4
Author: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Jan 31 10:09:04 2019 +0000

    powerpc/32: Remove CURRENT_THREAD_INFO and rename TI_CPU

    Now that thread_info is similar to task_struct, its address is in r2
    so CURRENT_THREAD_INFO() macro is useless. This patch removes it.

    This patch also moves the 'tovirt(r2, r2)' down just before the
    reactivation of MMU translation, so that we keep the physical address
    of 'current' in r2 until then. It avoids a few calls to tophys().

    At the same time, as the 'cpu' field is not anymore in thread_info,
    TI_CPU is renamed TASK_CPU by this patch.

    It also allows to get rid of a couple of
    '#ifdef CONFIG_VIRT_CPU_ACCOUNTING_NATIVE' as ACCOUNT_CPU_USER_ENTRY()
    and ACCOUNT_CPU_USER_EXIT() are empty when
    CONFIG_VIRT_CPU_ACCOUNTING_NATIVE is not defined.

    Signed-off-by: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
    [mpe: Fix a missed conversion of TI_CPU idle_6xx.S]
    Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

:040000 040000 c7a4d4ea7c2864b693e82a075f62e26dfcb82c84
a15e8516fdadda87981702d86b38b0e07672220b M      arch

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.