Subject: [Bug 203647] New: Locking API testsuite fails "mixed read-lock/lock-write ABBA" rlock on kernels >=4.14.x

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 19:34:47 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=203647

            Bug ID: 203647
           Summary: Locking API testsuite fails "mixed
                    read-lock/lock-write ABBA" rlock on kernels >=4.14.x
           Product: Platform Specific/Hardware
           Version: 2.5
    Kernel Version: 5.1.3
          Hardware: All
                OS: Linux
              Tree: Mainline
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P1
         Component: PPC-64
          Assignee: [email-masked]
          Reporter: [email-masked]
        Regression: No

Created attachment 282831
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=282831&action=edit
dmesg (5.1.3, G5 11,2)

Probably this test fails on ppc64 since it is around. Kernel 4.9.x passes all
tests, since it does not seem to contain "mixed read-lock/lock-write ABBA".

Machine is a PowerMac G5 11,2 running Gentoo Linux ppc64, Big Endian, 4 KiB
pagesize.

[    0.002051] ------------------------
[    0.002065] | Locking API testsuite:
[    0.002079]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[    0.002111]                                  | spin |wlock |rlock |mutex |
wsem | rsem |
[    0.002142]  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[    0.002179]                      A-A deadlock:  ok  |  ok  |  ok  |  ok  | 
ok  |  ok  |  ok  |
[    0.007366]                  A-B-B-A deadlock:  ok  |  ok  |  ok  |  ok  | 
ok  |  ok  |  ok  |
[    0.012471]              A-B-B-C-C-A deadlock:  ok  |  ok  |  ok  |  ok  | 
ok  |  ok  |  ok  |
[    0.017598]              A-B-C-A-B-C deadlock:  ok  |  ok  |  ok  |  ok  | 
ok  |  ok  |  ok  |
[    0.022740]          A-B-B-C-C-D-D-A deadlock:  ok  |  ok  |  ok  |  ok  | 
ok  |  ok  |  ok  |
[    0.027912]          A-B-C-D-B-D-D-A deadlock:  ok  |  ok  |  ok  |  ok  | 
ok  |  ok  |  ok  |
[    0.033083]          A-B-C-D-B-C-D-A deadlock:  ok  |  ok  |  ok  |  ok  | 
ok  |  ok  |  ok  |
[    0.038269]                     double unlock:  ok  |  ok  |  ok  |  ok  | 
ok  |  ok  |  ok  |
[    0.043319]                   initialize held:  ok  |  ok  |  ok  |  ok  | 
ok  |  ok  |  ok  |
[    0.048379]  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[    0.048411]               recursive read-lock:             |  ok  |         
   |  ok  |
[    0.049894]            recursive read-lock #2:             |  ok  |         
   |  ok  |
[    0.051375]             mixed read-write-lock:             |  ok  |         
   |  ok  |
[    0.052859]             mixed write-read-lock:             |  ok  |         
   |  ok  |
[    0.054333]   mixed read-lock/lock-write ABBA:             |FAILED|         
   |  ok  |
[    0.055802]    mixed read-lock/lock-read ABBA:             |  ok  |         
   |  ok  |
[    0.057290]  mixed write-lock/lock-write ABBA:             |  ok  |         
   |  ok  |
[    0.058771]  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.