Subject: [Bug 203839] Kernel 5.2-rc3 fails to boot on a PowerMac G4 3,6: systemd[1]: Failed to bump fs.file-max, ignoring: invalid argument

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 00:32:54 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=203839

--- Comment #6 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 283183
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=283183&action=edit
bisect.log

bisect took me a while due to quite some skips. Cherry-picking
397d2300b08cdee052053e362018cdb6dd65eea2 and
305d60012304684bd59ea1f67703e51662e4906a helped me complete it.

# git bisect good | tee -a /root/bisect02.log
215b823707ce4e8e52b106915f70357fa474c669 is the first bad commit
commit 215b823707ce4e8e52b106915f70357fa474c669
Author: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date:   Fri Apr 26 16:23:36 2019 +0000

    powerpc/32s: set up an early static hash table for KASAN.

    KASAN requires early activation of hash table, before memblock()
    functions are available.

    This patch implements an early hash_table statically defined in
    __initdata.

    During early boot, a single page table is used.

    For hash32, when doing the final init, one page table is allocated
    for each PGD entry because of the _PAGE_HASHPTE flag which can't be
    common to several virt pages. This is done after memblock get
    available but before switching to the final hash table, otherwise
    there are issues with TLB flushing due to the shared entries.

    Signed-off-by: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
    Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

:040000 040000 abc24eb3c4ad3e4f2b1eb7b52c295c8b95d79a78
c3b6114c26eb8e181abb3f1abc9b6ecc12292f4d M      arch

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.