Subject: [Bug 204371] BUG kmalloc-4k (Tainted: G W ): Object padding overwritten

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 20:03:02 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204371

--- Comment #12 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
On Fri, 09 Aug 2019 12:31:26 +0000
[email-masked] wrote:

> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204371
> 

Tried a few LTS kernels on the G4 DP. Looks like 4.19.x is affected (tested
4.19.66) whereas 4.14.x (tested 4.14.138) is not.

Also found a way to trigger the bug without the need of a btrfs root partition:
btrfs still built into the kernel. Mount another btrfs partition via /etc/fstab
at boot, e.g.
LABEL="tmp"             /var/tmp/portage        btrfs   compress=lzo,noatime   
0 1

Mounting /var/tmp/portage in my case works without problems. But I reliably get
the BUG kmalloc-4k at unmounting /var/tmp/portage.

I'll try to bisect the next few days and report back.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.