Subject: [Bug 204375] kernel 5.2.4 w. KASAN enabled fails to boot on a PowerMac G4 3,6 at very early stage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 04:49:51 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204375

Christophe Leroy ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            [email-masked]

--- Comment #2 from Christophe Leroy ([email-masked]) ---
Looks like a panic happens in kasan_mmu_init() due to page allocation failure.

#0  __delay (loops=0x186a0) at arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c:470
#1  0xc0043b34 in panic (fmt=<optimized out>) at kernel/panic.c:305
#2  0xc0049f1c in do_exit (code=0xb) at kernel/exit.c:789
#3  0xc0012c30 in oops_end (signr=<optimized out>, regs=<optimized out>,
flags=<optimized out>) at arch/powerpc/kernel/traps.c:249
#4  die (str=0xc08c78a0 <read_bhrb+8956080> "Kernel access of bad area",
regs=0xc0f60000 <reservation_seqcount_class>, err=0xb) at
arch/powerpc/kernel/traps.c:294
#5  0xc00194a8 in handle_page_fault () at arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_32.S:632
#6  0xc011ca64 in task_css (task=0xc0da69a0 <init_task>, subsys_id=<optimized
out>) at ./include/linux/cgroup.h:486
#7  0xc011ca7c in task_cs (task=<optimized out>) at kernel/cgroup/cpuset.c:199
#8  0xc011fed4 in cpuset_print_current_mems_allowed () at
kernel/cgroup/cpuset.c:3444
#9  0xc0210c64 in warn_alloc (gfp_mask=<optimized out>, nodemask=0x0,
fmt=0xc093e080 <read_bhrb+9441424> "page allocation failure: order:%u") at
mm/page_alloc.c:3765
#10 0xc021151c in __alloc_pages_slowpath (ac=<optimized out>, order=<optimized
out>, gfp_mask=<optimized out>) at mm/page_alloc.c:4637
#11 __alloc_pages_nodemask (gfp_mask=0x100, order=0x0, preferred_nid=<optimized
out>, nodemask=<optimized out>) at mm/page_alloc.c:4745
#12 0xc0022480 in __alloc_pages (order=<optimized out>,
preferred_nid=<optimized out>, gfp_mask=<optimized out>) at
./include/linux/gfp.h:473
#13 __alloc_pages_node (order=<optimized out>, gfp_mask=<optimized out>,
nid=<optimized out>) at ./include/linux/gfp.h:486
#14 alloc_pages_node (nid=<optimized out>, order=<optimized out>,
gfp_mask=<optimized out>) at ./include/linux/gfp.h:500
#15 __alloc_for_ptecache (mm=<optimized out>, kernel=<optimized out>) at
arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable-frag.c:69
#16 pte_fragment_alloc (mm=<optimized out>, kernel=<optimized out>) at
arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable-frag.c:106
#17 0xc0024034 in pte_alloc_one_kernel (mm=<optimized out>) at
./arch/powerpc/include/asm/pgalloc.h:27
#18 kasan_init_shadow_page_tables (k_start=0xf8400000, k_end=<optimized out>)
at arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/kasan_init_32.c:38
#19 0xc0c92734 in kasan_mmu_init () at
arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/kasan_init_32.c:104
#20 0xc0c91560 in MMU_init () at arch/powerpc/mm/init_32.c:178
#21 0xc000354c in start_here () at arch/powerpc/kernel/head_32.S:899

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.