Subject: [Bug 204819] KASAN still got problems loading some modules at boot

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 13:39:53 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204819

Erhard F. ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|---                         |INVALID

--- Comment #25 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
(In reply to Christophe Leroy from comment #24)
> Do you confirm that the two patches done in the scope of bug #204479 are
> included in your config, especially the first one:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/
> arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/kasan_init_32.
> c?id=663c0c9496a69f80011205ba3194049bcafd681d
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/
> arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/kasan_init_32.
> c?id=45ff3c55958542c3b76075d59741297b8cb31cbb
Ahh, now we are getting closer...

No, I did the testing with a vanilla 5.3-rc8 kernel assuming that

powerpc/kasan: Fix shadow area set up for modules
powerpc/kasan: Fix parallel loading of modules

were already in 5.3-rc8. Now I realize I was wrong.

In -rc8 the latest one (2019-07-31) is:

powerpc/kasan: fix early boot failure on PPC32

The other two patches are dated 2019-08-20 and not in 5.3-rc8 or the newly
released 5.3.

Sorry for the noise! I will close the bug for now and retest as soon as the 2
patches are in 5.4-rcx or 5.3.x. If it still seems valid that time I will
re-open.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.