Subject: [Bug 205099] KASAN hit at raid6_pq: BUG: Unable to handle kernel data access at 0x00f0fd0d

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 14:12:10 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205099

Erhard F. ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Attachment #287621|0                           |1
        is obsolete|                            |

--- Comment #28 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 288411
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=288411&action=edit
dmesg (5.7-rc1, OUTLINE KASAN, PowerMac G4 DP)

Re-tested with v5.7-rc1 out of curiosity. Not much change here, the bug shows
up with OUTLINE KASAN but not with INLINE KASAN, everything else being equal.

[...]
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: BUG: Unable to handle kernel data access on read
at 0x0050a0f0
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: Faulting instruction address: 0xf1aa1564
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: Oops: Kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: BE PAGE_SIZE=4K MMU=Hash SMP NR_CPUS=2 PowerMac
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: Modules linked in: raid6_pq(+) zlib_inflate
firewire_ohci firewire_core ehci_pci(+) ohci_hcd crc_itu_t sr_mod cdrom
ehci_hcd snd_aoa_i2sbus snd_aoa_soundbus snd_pcm snd_timer snd ss>
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: CPU: 0 PID: 149 Comm: modprobe Tainted: G        W
        5.7.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+ #1
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: NIP:  f1aa1564 LR: f1aa14e8 CTR: c0255b78
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: REGS: f1963780 TRAP: 0300   Tainted: G        W   
      (5.7.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+)
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: MSR:  02009032 <VEC,EE,ME,IR,DR,RI>  CR: 28228828 
XER: 00000000
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: DAR: 0050a0f0 DSISR: 40000000 
                             GPR00: f19639d8 f1963838 ebd1de60 eb1dc070
00001000 00000003 f1aa14e8 00000000 
                             GPR08: 00000000 0050a0f0 5d0dfdad fffffff0
c0255b78 00a48ff4 00000060 00000050 
                             GPR16: eb1dc000 eb1df000 eb1de000 00000070
00000060 00000050 00000040 00000030 
                             GPR24: 00000020 00000010 00000008 f1963a8c
f1963a78 eb1df010 eb1de010 00000000 
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: NIP [f1aa1564]
raid6_altivec8_gen_syndrome_real+0x3c4/0x480 [raid6_pq]
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: LR [f1aa14e8]
raid6_altivec8_gen_syndrome_real+0x348/0x480 [raid6_pq]
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: Call Trace:
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: [f1963838] [0000000a] 0xa (unreliable)
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: [f1963a28] [f1aa1654]
raid6_altivec8_gen_syndrome+0x34/0x58 [raid6_pq]
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: [f1963a48] [f12603cc] init_module+0x3cc/0x530
[raid6_pq]
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: [f1963b18] [c00058e4] do_one_initcall+0xb8/0x36c
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: [f1963be8] [c0117f64] do_init_module+0xa8/0x2c4
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: [f1963c18] [c011ae38] load_module+0x2bd8/0x2d5c
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: [f1963e18] [c011b230] sys_finit_module+0x100/0x138
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: [f1963f38] [c001a224] ret_from_syscall+0x0/0x34
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: --- interrupt: c01 at 0x892988
                                 LR = 0xa20a14
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: Instruction dump:
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: 1304c4c4 7d2048ce 39210090 1325ccc4 7d6048ce
1346d4c4 81210088 1367dcc4 
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: 8141008c 11284cc4 115f5b06 116b5800 <7c0048ce>
392100a0 7d8048ce 392100b0 
Apr 13 16:01:11 T600 kernel: ---[ end trace ebe3b589d509d4f6 ]---
[...]

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.