Subject: [Bug 205099] KASAN hit at raid6_pq: BUG: Unable to handle kernel data access at 0x00f0fd0d

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 15:49:50 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205099

Erhard F. ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Attachment #286251|0                           |1
        is obsolete|                            |
 Attachment #286397|0                           |1
        is obsolete|                            |
 Attachment #286929|0                           |1
        is obsolete|                            |

--- Comment #25 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 287621
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=287621&action=edit
dmesg (5.6-rc3+, KASAN_VMALLOC + VMAP_STACK + OUTLINE KASAN, PowerMac G4 DP)

Gave 5.6-rc3 + KASAN_VMALLOC + VMAP_STACK + OUTLINE KASAN a test ride and it's
still in:

[...]
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: BUG: Unable to handle kernel data access on read
at 0x0050a0f0
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: Faulting instruction address: 0xf168b560
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: Oops: Kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: BE PAGE_SIZE=4K MMU=Hash SMP NR_CPUS=2 PowerMac
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: Modules linked in: raid6_pq(+) libcrc32c
zlib_inflate snd_aoa_i2sbus snd_aoa_soundbus snd_pcm ohci_hcd ehci_pci(+) ssb
snd_timer ehci_hcd pcmcia snd pcmcia_core soundcore uninorth_agp usbcore
agpgart usb_common
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 118 Comm: modprobe Tainted: G        W
        5.6.0-rc3-PowerMacG4+ #1
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: NIP:  f168b560 LR: f168b4e8 CTR: c024b2e0
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: REGS: f10bd780 TRAP: 0300   Tainted: G        W   
      (5.6.0-rc3-PowerMacG4+)
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: MSR:  02009032 <VEC,EE,ME,IR,DR,RI>  CR: 28228828 
XER: 00000000
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: DAR: 0050a0f0 DSISR: 40000000 
                             GPR00: f10bd9d8 f10bd838 ebeca380 ec56c070
00000010 00000000 f168b4e8 00000000 
                             GPR08: 00000000 0050a0f0 5d0dfdad fffffff0
c024b2e0 007efff4 00000060 00000050 
                             GPR16: ec56c000 ec56f000 ec56e000 00000070
00000060 00000050 00000040 00000030 
                             GPR24: 00000020 00000010 00000008 f10bda8c
f10bda78 ec56f010 ec56e010 00000000 
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: NIP [f168b560]
raid6_altivec8_gen_syndrome_real+0x3c0/0x480 [raid6_pq]
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: LR [f168b4e8]
raid6_altivec8_gen_syndrome_real+0x348/0x480 [raid6_pq]
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: Call Trace:
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: [f10bd838] [0000000a] 0xa (unreliable)
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: [f10bda28] [f168b654]
raid6_altivec8_gen_syndrome+0x34/0x58 [raid6_pq]
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: [f10bda48] [f145b3cc] init_module+0x3cc/0x530
[raid6_pq]
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: [f10bdb18] [c00058e4] do_one_initcall+0xb8/0x36c
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: [f10bdbe8] [c010f760] do_init_module+0xa8/0x2c4
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: [f10bdc18] [c0112630] load_module+0x2bd4/0x2d58
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: [f10bde18] [c0112a28] sys_finit_module+0x100/0x138
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: [f10bdf38] [c001a234] ret_from_syscall+0x0/0x34
Feb 26 16:29:30 T600 kernel: --- interrupt: c01 at 0x639988

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.