Subject: [Bug 205099] KASAN hit at raid6_pq: BUG: Unable to handle kernel data access at 0x00f0fd0d

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 16:01:27 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205099

--- Comment #8 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Found out this is probably a cause for bug #205283. For doing some btrfs tests
with 5.5-rc1 kernel I needed to disable KASAN in lib/raid6/Makefile
(KASAN_SANITIZE := n) as btrfs pulls in raid6_pq.

btrfs gets modprobed seemingly ok the 1st time, but removing and reloading it
provokes bug #205283.

# modprobe -v btrfs
# modprobe -r -v btrfs
rmmod btrfs
rmmod zlib_inflate
rmmod libcrc32c
rmmod raid6_pq
rmmod zlib_deflate
rmmod lzo_decompress
rmmod lzo_compress
rmmod zstd_compress
rmmod zstd_decompress
rmmod xor
# modprobe -v btrfs
insmod
/lib/modules/5.5.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+/kernel/lib/zlib_inflate/zlib_inflate.ko 
insmod /lib/modules/5.5.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+/kernel/lib/libcrc32c.ko 
insmod /lib/modules/5.5.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+/kernel/lib/raid6/raid6_pq.ko 
insmod
/lib/modules/5.5.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+/kernel/lib/zlib_deflate/zlib_deflate.ko 
insmod /lib/modules/5.5.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+/kernel/lib/lzo/lzo_decompress.ko 
insmod /lib/modules/5.5.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+/kernel/lib/lzo/lzo_compress.ko 
insmod /lib/modules/5.5.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+/kernel/lib/zstd/zstd_compress.ko 
insmod /lib/modules/5.5.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+/kernel/lib/zstd/zstd_decompress.ko 
insmod /lib/modules/5.5.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+/kernel/crypto/xor.ko 
insmod /lib/modules/5.5.0-rc1-PowerMacG4+/kernel/fs/btrfs/btrfs.ko

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.