Subject: [Bug 205201] Booting halts if Dawicontrol DC-2976 UW SCSI board installed, unless RAM size limited to 3500M

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 11:01:10 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205201

--- Comment #14 from Christian Zigotzky ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 285889
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=285889&action=edit
Patch for renaming the GFP_DMA32 to GFP_DMA

Hi All,

The issue with the BT878 TV cards is solved. :-)

GFP_DMA32 was renamed to GFP_DMA in the PowerPC updates 4.21-1 in 
December last year.

Some PCI devices still use GFP_DMA32 (grep -r GFP_DMA32 *). I renamed 
GFP_DMA32 to GFP_DMA in the file 
"drivers/media/v4l2-core/videobuf-dma-sg.c". After compiling the RC7 of 
kernel 5.4, my BT878 TV card works again.

I created a patch for renaming GFP_DMA32 to GFP_DMA.

This patch doesn't solve the issue with the Dawicontrol DC-2976 UW SCSI board.
Please help us to solve the issue with the SCSI board too.

Cheers,
Christian

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.