Subject: [Bug 205201] Booting halts if Dawicontrol DC-2976 UW SCSI board installed, unless RAM size limited to 3500M

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 11:28:00 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205201

--- Comment #16 from Christian Zigotzky ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 286031
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=286031&action=edit
dmesg of Christoph's Git kernel

Christoph Hellwig wrote:

I think we have two sorta overlapping issues here.  One is that I think
we need the bus_dma_limit, which should mostly help for something like
a SCSI controller that doesn't need streaming mappings (btw, do we
have more details on that somewhere?).

And something weird with the videobuf things.  Your change of the dma
masks suggests that the driver doesn't do the right allocations and thus
hits bounce buffering (swiotlb).  We should fix that for real, but the
fact that the bounce buffering itself also fails is even more interesting.

Can you try this git branch:

    git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git fsl-dma-debugging

Gitweb:

http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/fsl-dma-debugging

and send me the dmesg with that with your TV adapter?

-----------------------------

Hello Christoph,

Here is the dmesg of your Git kernel.

Thanks,
Christian

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.