Subject: [Bug 206203] New: kmemleak reports various leaks in drivers/of/unittest.c

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 15:51:29 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=206203

            Bug ID: 206203
           Summary: kmemleak reports various leaks in
                    drivers/of/unittest.c
           Product: Platform Specific/Hardware
           Version: 2.5
    Kernel Version: 5.4.11
          Hardware: PPC-64
                OS: Linux
              Tree: Mainline
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P1
         Component: PPC-64
          Assignee: [email-masked]
          Reporter: [email-masked]
        Regression: No

Created attachment 286801
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=286801&action=edit
kmemleak output

kmemleak reported various leaks in "swapper/0" while I was building a kernel on
my Talos II:

[...]
unreferenced object 0xc0002007f833c780 (size 8):
  comm "swapper/0", pid 1, jiffies 4294878487 (age 1637.240s)
  hex dump (first 8 bytes):
    6e 61 6d 65 00 00 03 18                          name....
  backtrace:
    [<00000000d64d7001>] .kstrdup+0x44/0xb0
    [<00000000d7cb5018>] .__of_prop_dup+0x60/0x130
    [<000000003a4c11d9>] .of_unittest_changeset+0x3c0/0xa20
    [<00000000f6cf112e>] .of_unittest+0x1e9c/0x3808
    [<0000000018a2e72e>] .do_one_initcall+0x7c/0x420
    [<00000000de53cd05>] .kernel_init_freeable+0x2d8/0x3d4
    [<00000000e79ea455>] .kernel_init+0x14/0x158
    [<0000000099bc20e8>] .ret_from_kernel_thread+0x58/0x68
unreferenced object 0xc0002007f833c498 (size 8):
  comm "swapper/0", pid 1, jiffies 4294878487 (age 1637.240s)
  hex dump (first 8 bytes):
    6e 32 31 00 00 00 0e f8                          n21.....
  backtrace:
    [<00000000a8bde092>] .kmemdup+0x30/0x70
    [<00000000a5916f40>] .__of_prop_dup+0x7c/0x130
    [<000000003a4c11d9>] .of_unittest_changeset+0x3c0/0xa20
    [<00000000f6cf112e>] .of_unittest+0x1e9c/0x3808
    [<0000000018a2e72e>] .do_one_initcall+0x7c/0x420
    [<00000000de53cd05>] .kernel_init_freeable+0x2d8/0x3d4
    [<00000000e79ea455>] .kernel_init+0x14/0x158
    [<0000000099bc20e8>] .ret_from_kernel_thread+0x58/0x68
unreferenced object 0xc0002007f833c818 (size 8):
  comm "swapper/0", pid 1, jiffies 4294878487 (age 1637.240s)
  hex dump (first 8 bytes):
    6e 31 00 00 00 00 06 b8                          n1......
  backtrace:
    [<00000000d64d7001>] .kstrdup+0x44/0xb0
    [<0000000059dd59eb>] .kvasprintf_const+0x74/0xf0
    [<00000000d729a1b8>] .kobject_set_name_vargs+0x34/0xf0
    [<00000000e8b8c22b>] .kobject_add+0x50/0xe0
    [<00000000223588e9>] .__of_attach_node_sysfs+0xa8/0x160
    [<0000000085cbb668>] .__of_changeset_entry_apply+0x32c/0x390
    [<00000000f1d284ee>] .__of_changeset_apply_entries+0x48/0x110
    [<00000000b7434f45>] .of_changeset_apply+0x54/0xc0
    [<0000000022b41feb>] .of_unittest_changeset+0x8a4/0xa20
    [<00000000f6cf112e>] .of_unittest+0x1e9c/0x3808
    [<0000000018a2e72e>] .do_one_initcall+0x7c/0x420
    [<00000000de53cd05>] .kernel_init_freeable+0x2d8/0x3d4
    [<00000000e79ea455>] .kernel_init+0x14/0x158
    [<0000000099bc20e8>] .ret_from_kernel_thread+0x58/0x68
[...]

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.