Subject: [Bug 206525] BUG: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds in test_bit+0x30/0x44 (kernel 5.6-rc1)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 17:52:44 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=206525

--- Comment #3 from Christophe Leroy ([email-masked]) ---
Bug introduced by commit ("cf5bddb95cbe net: bridge: vlan: add rtnetlink group
and notify support")

RTNLGRP_MAX is now 33.

'unsigned long groups' is 32 bits long on PPC32

Following loop in netlink_bind() overflows.

                for (group = 0; group < nlk->ngroups; group++) {
                        if (!test_bit(group, &groups))
                                continue;
                        err = nlk->netlink_bind(net, group + 1);
                        if (!err)
                                continue;
                        netlink_undo_bind(group, groups, sk);
                        goto unlock;
                }

Should 'groups' be changes to 'unsigned long long' ?

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.