Subject: [Bug 206669] Little-endian kernel crashing on POWER8 on heavy big-endian PowerKVM load

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 08:52:55 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=206669

Michael Ellerman ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |NEEDINFO
                 CC|                            [email-masked]

--- Comment #15 from Michael Ellerman ([email-masked]) ---
After a day and a half I have managed to get BE debian installed in a VM :}

You said "running the glibc testsuite" was enough to trigger it. Do you mean
from the glibc git tree? I can't get upstream, or the debian packaged glibc
sources to build.

Both fail building with:

../include/setjmp.h:42:3: error: static assertion failed: "size of jmp_buf !=
656"
   42 |   _Static_assert (sizeof (type) == size, \
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Any pointers on what your setup is?

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.