Subject: [Bug 206669] Little-endian kernel crashing on POWER8 on heavy big-endian PowerKVM load

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 09:24:25 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=206669

--- Comment #16 from John Paul Adrian Glaubitz ([email-masked]) ---
Hi Michael!

Thanks a lot for looking into this!

If you have installed a Debian unstable big-endian system, the easiest way to
get such a setup by creating an sbuild chroot. You should set up an sbuild
chroot for both powerpc and ppc64:

$ sbuild-createchroot --arch=powerpc
$ sbuild-createchroot --arch=ppc64

and then build the glibc package using sbuild for both powerpc and ppc64 in
parallel which is what makes the VM and the host crash during the testsuite:

$ dget -u https://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/glibc/glibc_2.32-2.dsc

In one shell:

$ sbuild -d sid --arch=ppc64 --no-arch-all glibc_2.32-2.dsc

and in a second one:

$ sbuild -d sid --arch=powerpc --no-arch-all glibc_2.32-2.dsc

If glibc doesn't trigger the crash, try gcc-10 or llvm-toolchain-13:

$ dget -u
https://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/llvm-toolchain-13/llvm-toolchain-13_13.0.0~+rc2-3.dsc
$ dget -u https://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gcc-11/gcc-11_11.2.0-5.dsc

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.