Subject: [Bug 206695] New: kmemleak reports leaks in drivers/macintosh/windfarm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 23:44:37 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=206695

            Bug ID: 206695
           Summary: kmemleak reports leaks in drivers/macintosh/windfarm
           Product: Platform Specific/Hardware
           Version: 2.5
    Kernel Version: 5.6-rc3
          Hardware: PPC-64
                OS: Linux
              Tree: Mainline
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P1
         Component: PPC-64
          Assignee: [email-masked]
          Reporter: [email-masked]
        Regression: No

Created attachment 287687
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=287687&action=edit
kmemleak output (kernel 5.6-rc3, PowerMac G5 11,2)

kmemleak reports leaks from the windfarm module of my PowerMac G5 11,2:

[...]
unreferenced object 0xc00000047081f840 (size 32):
  comm "kwindfarm", pid 203, jiffies 4294880630 (age 5552.877s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    c8 06 02 7f ff 02 ff 01 fb bf 00 41 00 20 00 00  ...........A. ..
    00 07 89 37 00 a0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ...7............
  backtrace:
    [<0000000083f0a65c>] .smu_sat_get_sdb_partition+0xc4/0x2d0
[windfarm_smu_sat]
    [<000000003010fcb7>] .pm112_wf_notify+0x104c/0x13bc [windfarm_pm112]
    [<00000000b958b2dd>] .notifier_call_chain+0xa8/0x180
    [<0000000070490868>] .blocking_notifier_call_chain+0x64/0x90
    [<00000000131d8149>] .wf_thread_func+0x114/0x1a0
    [<000000000d54838d>] .kthread+0x13c/0x190
    [<00000000669b72bc>] .ret_from_kernel_thread+0x58/0x64
unreferenced object 0xc0000004737089f0 (size 16):
  comm "kwindfarm", pid 203, jiffies 4294880879 (age 5552.050s)
  hex dump (first 16 bytes):
    c4 04 01 7f 22 11 e0 e6 ff 55 7b 12 ec 11 00 00  ...."....U{.....
  backtrace:
    [<0000000083f0a65c>] .smu_sat_get_sdb_partition+0xc4/0x2d0
[windfarm_smu_sat]
    [<00000000b94ef7e1>] .pm112_wf_notify+0x1294/0x13bc [windfarm_pm112]
    [<00000000b958b2dd>] .notifier_call_chain+0xa8/0x180
    [<0000000070490868>] .blocking_notifier_call_chain+0x64/0x90
    [<00000000131d8149>] .wf_thread_func+0x114/0x1a0
    [<000000000d54838d>] .kthread+0x13c/0x190
    [<00000000669b72bc>] .ret_from_kernel_thread+0x58/0x64
unreferenced object 0xc00000047081fdc0 (size 32):
  comm "kwindfarm", pid 203, jiffies 4294881067 (age 5551.427s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    c9 06 02 7f ff 02 ff 01 fb bf 00 41 00 20 00 00  ...........A. ..
    00 07 89 37 00 a0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ...7............
  backtrace:
    [<0000000083f0a65c>] .smu_sat_get_sdb_partition+0xc4/0x2d0
[windfarm_smu_sat]
    [<000000003010fcb7>] .pm112_wf_notify+0x104c/0x13bc [windfarm_pm112]
    [<00000000b958b2dd>] .notifier_call_chain+0xa8/0x180
    [<0000000070490868>] .blocking_notifier_call_chain+0x64/0x90
    [<00000000131d8149>] .wf_thread_func+0x114/0x1a0
    [<000000000d54838d>] .kthread+0x13c/0x190
    [<00000000669b72bc>] .ret_from_kernel_thread+0x58/0x64
unreferenced object 0xc000000473708b60 (size 16):
  comm "kwindfarm", pid 203, jiffies 4294881320 (age 5550.587s)
  hex dump (first 16 bytes):
    c5 04 01 7f 22 11 e0 e6 ff 55 7b 12 ec 11 00 00  ...."....U{.....
  backtrace:
    [<0000000083f0a65c>] .smu_sat_get_sdb_partition+0xc4/0x2d0
[windfarm_smu_sat]
    [<00000000b94ef7e1>] .pm112_wf_notify+0x1294/0x13bc [windfarm_pm112]
    [<00000000b958b2dd>] .notifier_call_chain+0xa8/0x180
    [<0000000070490868>] .blocking_notifier_call_chain+0x64/0x90
    [<00000000131d8149>] .wf_thread_func+0x114/0x1a0
    [<000000000d54838d>] .kthread+0x13c/0x190
    [<00000000669b72bc>] .ret_from_kernel_thread+0x58/0x64

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.