Subject: [Bug 207129] PowerMac G4 DP (5.6.2 debug kernel + inline KASAN) freezes shortly after booting with "do_IRQ: stack overflow: 1760"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 00:40:41 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=207129

Erhard F. ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|CLOSED                      |REOPENED
         Resolution|CODE_FIX                    |---

--- Comment #8 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Currently (as of v6.8-rc6) and since quite a while my G4 does not boot at all
with CONFIG_KASAN_INLINE=y.

When I try booting an KASAN_INLINE enabled kernel it fails with an invalid
memory access and I get dropped out to the OpenFirmaware console.

A small difference is when I boot the 56M vmlinux-6.8.0-rc6-PMacG4:

Please wait, loading kernel...
   Elf32 kernel loaded...

Invalid memory access at   %SRR0: 00000013   %SRR1: 00001300

Apple PowerMac3,6 4.6.0f1 BootROM built on 02/20/03 at 13:52:27
[...]

vs. booting the 16M arch/powerpc/boot/zImage:

Please wait, loading kernel...
   Elf32 kernel loaded...

zImage starting: loaded at 0x00400000 (sp: 0x012eefb0)
OF version = 'OpenFirmware 3'
Allocating 0x2c337e0 bytes for kernel...
Trying to claim from 0x400000 to 0x12ef5d8 (0xeef5d8) got ffffffff
Decompressing (0x01414000 <- 0x00410000:0x12ea9c9)...
Done! Decompressed 0x2bcc80c bytes

Linux/PowerPC load: ro root=/dev/sda5 slub_debug=FZP page_poison=1
netconsole=[email-masked]/eth0,[email-masked]/A8:A1:59:16:4F:EA debug

Finalizing device tree... using OF tree (promptr=ff847240)

Invalid memory access at   %SRR0: 40000000   %SRR1: 00000000

Apple PowerMac3,6 4.6.0f1 BootROM built on 02/20/03 at 13:52:27
[...]

Same kernel with CONFIG_KASAN_OUTLINE=y instead of KASAN_INLINE boots and runs
ok.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.