Subject: [Bug 208181] BUG: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds in strcmp+0x58/0xd8

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 22:35:48 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=208181

Erhard F. ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Attachment #289937|0                           |1
        is obsolete|                            |

--- Comment #16 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 290285
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=290285&action=edit
kernel .config (5.8-rc5, PowerMac G4 DP)

Did some additional test-runs, seems there are still problems with stack usage
when running (inline) KASAN:

5.8-rc3 + the 2 patches applied:
Instruction dump:
usercopy: Kernel memory overwrite attemp detected to kernel text (offset 5432,
size 4)!
------------[ cut here ]------------
kernel BUG at mm/usercopy.c:99!
Oops: Exeption in kernel mode, sig:5 [#6]
BE PAGE_SIZE=4K MMU=Hash SMP NR_CPUS=2 PowerMac
Modules linked in: auth_rpcgss nfsv4 dns_resolver nfs lockd grace sunrpc
b43legacy input_leds joydev mac80211 hid_generic g4_windtunnel sungem
sungem_phy btrfs ohci_pci xor lzo_compress lzo_decompress zlib_deflate raid6_pq
zlib_inflate firewire_ohci hcd soundcore ssb pcmcia usbcore uninorth_agp
pcmcia_core agpart usb_common
CPU: 1 PID: 5250 Comm: mount.nfs Tainted: G       W       
5.8.0-rc3-PowerMacG4+ #8
NIP: c04d654c LR: c04d654c CTR: 00000000
REGS: c0001198 TRAP: 0700  Tainted: G       W        (5.8.0-rc3-PowerMacG4+)
MSR:  00021031 <MR,IR,DR,RI> CR: 24028822 XER: 00000000

GPR00: c04d654c c0001498 e719b980 00000058 c01899f4 00000000 00000027 e8dc4e0c
GPR08: 00000023 00000000 00000000 c0001498 44028822 0061bff4 f80002s9 00000003
GPR16: c115a340 f80002d7 c00016b8 c00016c8 c04d654c c115a260 c04d651c f80002d5
GPR24: c00016ac 180002d5 e8dda024 c0000000 c000153c 00000000 00000004 c0001538
NIP [c04d654c] usercopy_abort+0x68/0x78
LR [c04d654c] usercopy_abort+0x68/0x78
Call Trace:
Instruction dump:
usercopy: Kernel memory overwrite attemp detected to kernel text (offset 4848,
size 4)!
------------[ cut here ]------------
kernel BUG at mm/usercopy.c:99!
Oops: Exeption in kernel mode, sig:5 [#7]
BE PAGE_SIZE=4K MMU=Hash SMP NR_CPUS=2 PowerMac
Modules linked in: auth_rpcgss nfsv4 dns_resolver nfs lockd grace sunrpc
b43legacy input_leds joydev mac80211 hid_generic g4_windtunnel sungem
sungem_phy btrfs ohci_pci xor lzo_compress lzo_decompress zlib_deflate raid6_pq
zlib_inflate firewire_ohci hcd soundcore ssb pcmcia usbcore uninorth_agp
pcmcia_core agpart usb_common
CPU: 1 PID: 5250 Comm: mount.nfs Tainted: G       W       
5.8.0-rc3-PowerMacG4+ #8
NIP: c04d654c LR: c04d654c CTR: 00000000
REGS: c0001198 TRAP: 0700  Tainted: G       W        (5.8.0-rc3-PowerMacG4+)
MSR:  00021031 <MR,IR,DR,RI> CR: 24028822 XER: 00000000

GPR00: c04d654c c0001250 e719b980 00000058 c01899f4 00000000 00000027 e8dc4e0c
GPR08: 00000023 00000000 00000000 c0001250 44028822 0061bff4 f8000290 00000003
GPR16: c115a340 f800028e c0001470 c0001480 c04d654c c115a260 c04d651c f800028c
GPR24: c0001464 1800028c e8dda024 c0000000 c00012f4 00000000 00000004 c00012f0
NIP [c04d654c] usercopy_abort+0x68/0x78
Unrecoverable FP Unavailable Exception 801 at 908
LR [c04d654c] usercopy_abort+0x68/0x78
Call Trace:

5.8-rc5 + the 2 patches applied:
do_IRQ: stack overflow: 1984
CPU: 1 PID: 347 Comm: gzip Tainted: G       W        5.8.0-rc5-PowerMacG4+ #1
Call Trace:

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.