Subject: [Bug 208181] New: BUG: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds in strcmp+0x58/0xd8

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 11:17:31 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=208181

            Bug ID: 208181
           Summary: BUG: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds in strcmp+0x58/0xd8
           Product: Platform Specific/Hardware
           Version: 2.5
    Kernel Version: 5.8-rc1
          Hardware: PPC-32
                OS: Linux
              Tree: Mainline
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P1
         Component: PPC-32
          Assignee: [email-masked]
          Reporter: [email-masked]
        Regression: No

Created attachment 289659
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=289659&action=edit
dmesg (5.8-rc1, INLINE KASAN, PowerMac G4 DP)

The G4 DP boots up and is useable, though I get this at early boot:

[...]
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: setbat: no BAT available for mapping 0x2a000000
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: setbat: no BAT available for mapping 0x2c000000
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: KASAN init done
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel:
==================================================================
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: BUG: KASAN: stack-out-of-bounds in
strcmp+0x58/0xd8
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: Read of size 1 at addr c11c1a80 by task swapper/0
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: 
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: CPU: 0 PID: 0 Comm: swapper Not tainted
5.8.0-rc1-PowerMacG4 #2
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: Call Trace:
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae97d0] [c0a2069c] dump_stack+0xfc/0x158
(unreliable)
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9800] [c04ac5cc]
print_address_description.isra.0+0x30/0x3fc
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9870] [c04acb28] kasan_report+0x110/0x170
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae98b0] [c0a44c00] strcmp+0x58/0xd8
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae98d0] [c0170790]
register_lock_class+0xfa4/0x10a0
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9990] [c0170a34] __lock_acquire+0x1a8/0x382c
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9b40] [c016f398] lock_acquire+0x5e0/0x854
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9c00] [c1144014]
_raw_spin_lock_irqsave+0x48/0x70
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9c20] [c0ccbe84] of_find_property+0x2c/0x5c
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9c50] [c0ccbec8] of_get_property+0x14/0x6c
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9c70] [c0cdbcd8]
unflatten_dt_nodes+0xc4c/0xcdc
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9ec0] [c0cdbe90]
__unflatten_device_tree+0x114/0x1e0
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9ef0] [c184a294]
unflatten_device_tree+0x38/0x54
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9f10] [c1808600] setup_arch+0xc8/0x630
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9f50] [c1803268] start_kernel+0xcc/0x4cc
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: [c1ae9ff0] [000038a0] 0x38a0
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: 
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: The buggy address belongs to the variable:
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel:  __func__.22122+0x80/0x320
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: 
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: Memory state around the buggy address:
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel:  c11c1980: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 f1 f1 f1
f1 f1 f1
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel:  c11c1a00: 04 f2 04 f2 04 f2 04 f2 04 f2 00 00 00
04 f2 f2
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: >c11c1a80: f2 f2 00 00 00 04 f3 f3 f3 f3 00 00 00
00 00 00
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel:            ^
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel:  c11c1b00: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 f1 f1 f1
f1 00 00
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel:  c11c1b80: 00 00 f3 f3 f3 f3 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel:
==================================================================
Jun 15 11:41:11 T600 kernel: Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
[...]

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.