Subject: [Bug 209733] Starting new KVM virtual machines on PPC64 starts to hang after box is up for a while

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 23:16:48 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=209733

Michael Ellerman ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            [email-masked]

--- Comment #5 from Michael Ellerman ([email-masked]) ---
Thanks for persisting with the testing.

I wonder if it was fixed by:

c4629e4e7e09 ("mm/compaction: stop isolation if too many pages are isolated and
we have pages to migrate")
or
38935861d85a ("mm/compaction: count pages and stop correctly during page
isolation")

They fix a potential infinte loop in a path that's used by the HTAB allocation.

Those landed in v5.9.9, and fix a commit that was introduced in v5.7 (which
doesn't match your observation that v5.7.x was OK).

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.