Subject: [Bug 213069] kernel BUG at arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hash-4k.h:147! Oops: Exception in kernel mode, sig: 5 [#1]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 06:21:09 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213069

Christophe Leroy ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            [email-masked]

--- Comment #2 from Christophe Leroy ([email-masked]) ---
The bug is not in powerpc but in function pmd_basic_tests() in
mm/debug_vm_pgtable.c
(https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.13-rc1/source/mm/debug_vm_pgtable.c#L146)

pfn_pmd() should not be called before the has_transparent_hugepage()
verification.

Same problem in pmd_advanced_tests()

And there is the exact same issue with PUD tests with pfn_pud() function.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.