Subject: [Bug 213079] [bisected] IRQ problems and crashes on a PowerMac G5 with 5.12.3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 12:47:20 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213079

--- Comment #15 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
(In reply to Oliver O'Halloran from comment #13)
> In the meanwhile, can you try the patch above? That seems to fix bug which
> is causing MSIs to be unusable. I'm not 100% sure why that woudld matter,
> but it's possible the crashes are due to some other bug which doesn't appear
> when MSIs are in use.
Now I had time to test your patch on top of kernel 5.13-rc6 and 5.13.4. Can't
test it on top of 5.14-rc2 due to bug #213803.

Your patch seems to work fine and I don't get this "irq 63: nobody cared"
messages and crashes any longer! However now when building stuff the G5 sooner
or later crashes with:

[...]
Kernel panic - not syncing: corrupted stack end detected inside scheduler
Call Trace:
CPU: 1 PID: 2968 Comm: powerpc64-unkno Tainted: G        W        
5.13.0-rc6-PowerMacG5+ #2
[c0000000717178c0] [c0000000005412d0] .dump_stack+0xe0/0x13c (unreliable)
[c000000071717960] [c0000000000681a0] .panic+0x168/0x430
[c000000071717a10] [c000000000809ca0] .__schedule+0x80/0x840
[c000000071717af0] [c0000000000a0ea8] .do_task_dead+0x54/0x58
[c000000071717b70] [c00000000006e7b4] .do_exit+0xa14/0xa6c
[c000000071717c60] [c00000000006e89c] .do_group_exit+0x50/0xb0
[c000000071717cf0] [c00000000006e910] .__wake_up_parent+0x0/0x34
[c000000071717d60] [c000000000021530] .system_call_exception+0x1b4/0x1ec
[c000000071717e10] [c00000000000b9c4] system_call_common+0xe4/0x214
--- interrupt: c00 at 0x3fffa8092aa8
NIP:  00003fffa8092aa8 LR: 00003fffa7ff2d04 CTR: 0000000000000000
REGS: c000000071717e80 TRAP: 0c00   Tainted: G        W         
(5.13.0-rc6-PowerMacG5+)
MSR:  900000000200f032 <SF,HV,VEC,EE,PR,FP,ME,IR,DR,RI>  CR: 22000482  XER:
00000000
IRQMASK: 0 
GPR00: 00000000000000ea 00003fffd04ef2a0 00003fffa81b1300 0000000000000000 
GPR04: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 
GPR08: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 
GPR12: 0000000000000000 00003fffa8318c30 000000012e5ff800 00000001136b53b0 
GPR16: 00000001200cec38 00003fffddea1c68 00000001200ceb28 000000000000002f 
GPR20: 0000000000000000 00003fffa81abff8 0000000000000001 00003fffa81aaa58 
GPR24: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000003 0000000000000001 
GPR28: 0000000000000000 00003fffa8311c50 fffffffffffff000 0000000000000000 
NIP [00003fffa8092aa8] 0x3fffa8092aa8
LR [00003fffa7ff2d04] 0x3fffa7ff2d04
--- interrupt: c00
Rebooting in 120 seconds..

Don't know whether this is related. I'll throw more debugging stuff in,  file
this as a seperate issue and link it here just in case.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.