Subject: [Bug 213803] New: G5 kernel build (v5.14-rc2) fails at linking stage - ld: arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable.o: in function `.__ptep_set_access_flags': /usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:824: undefined reference to `.radix__ptep_set_access_flags'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:53:28 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213803

            Bug ID: 213803
           Summary: G5 kernel build (v5.14-rc2) fails at linking stage -
                    ld: arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable.o: in function
                    `.__ptep_set_access_flags':
                    /usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3
                    s/64/pgtable.h:824: undefined reference to
                    `.radix__ptep_set_access_flags'
           Product: Platform Specific/Hardware
           Version: 2.5
    Kernel Version: 5.14-rc2
          Hardware: PPC-64
                OS: Linux
              Tree: Mainline
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P1
         Component: PPC-64
          Assignee: [email-masked]
          Reporter: [email-masked]
        Regression: No

Created attachment 297967
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=297967&action=edit
kernel .config (5.14-rc2, PowerMac G5 11,2)

[...]
  CHK     include/generated/autoksyms.h
  GEN     .version
  CHK     include/generated/compile.h
  UPD     include/generated/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  AR      init/built-in.a
  LD      vmlinux.o
  MODPOST vmlinux.symvers
  MODINFO modules.builtin.modinfo
  GEN     modules.builtin
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux.kallsyms1
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable.o: in function `.__ptep_set_access_flags':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:824:
undefined reference to `.radix__ptep_set_access_flags'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/pageattr.o: in function `.change_page_attr':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:80:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_kernel_range'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/pageattr.o: in function `.set_page_attr':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:80:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_kernel_range'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/mmu_context.o:(.toc+0x0): undefined reference to
`mmu_pid_bits'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/mmu_context.o:(.toc+0x8): undefined reference to
`mmu_base_pid'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.o: in function `.pmd_hugepage_update':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1197:
undefined reference to `.radix__pmd_hugepage_update'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.o: in function `.do_serialize':
/usr/src/linux-stable/arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.c:89: undefined
reference to `.exit_lazy_flush_tlb'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.o: in function `.pmdp_set_access_flags':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:824:
undefined reference to `.radix__ptep_set_access_flags'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.o: in function `.pmdp_invalidate':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:54:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_pmd_tlb_range'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.o: in function
`.pmdp_huge_get_and_clear_full':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1300:
undefined reference to `.radix__pmdp_huge_get_and_clear'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.o: in function
`.pmdp_huge_get_and_clear_full':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:54:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_pmd_tlb_range'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.o: in function `.mmu_cleanup_all':
/usr/src/linux-stable/arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.c:179: undefined
reference to `.radix__mmu_cleanup_all'
ld: arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.o: in function `.ptep_modify_prot_commit':
/usr/src/linux-stable/arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.c:457: undefined
reference to `.radix__ptep_modify_prot_commit'
ld: arch/powerpc/lib/code-patching.o: in function `.patch_instruction':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1080:
undefined reference to `.radix__map_kernel_page'
ld: arch/powerpc/lib/code-patching.o: in function `.patch_instruction':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:80:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_kernel_range'
ld: kernel/fork.o: in function `.dup_mm':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:117:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_mm'
ld: mm/memory.o: in function `.unmap_page_range':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:109:
undefined reference to `.radix__tlb_flush'
ld: mm/memory.o: in function `.do_wp_page':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:125:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_page'
ld: mm/memory.o: in function `.do_set_pmd':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1323:
undefined reference to `.radix__pgtable_trans_huge_deposit'
ld: mm/memory.o: in function `.__handle_mm_fault':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:125:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_page'
ld: mm/mprotect.o: in function `.change_protection':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:72:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_range'
ld: mm/mremap.o: in function `.flush_tlb_range':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:72:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_range'
ld: mm/pgtable-generic.o: in function `.ptep_clear_flush':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:125:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_page'
ld: mm/pgtable-generic.o: in function `.pmdp_huge_clear_flush':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1300:
undefined reference to `.radix__pmdp_huge_get_and_clear'
ld: mm/pgtable-generic.o: in function `.pmdp_huge_clear_flush':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:54:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_pmd_tlb_range'
ld: mm/rmap.o: in function `.try_to_unmap_one':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:72:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_range'
ld: mm/rmap.o: in function `.try_to_migrate_one':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:72:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_range'
ld: mm/vmalloc.o: in function `.flush_tlb_kernel_range':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:80:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_kernel_range'
ld: mm/hugetlb.o: in function `.hugetlb_cow':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hugetlb.h:91:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_hugetlb_page'
ld: mm/hugetlb.o: in function `.hugetlb_change_protection':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:64:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_hugetlb_tlb_range'
ld: mm/hugetlb.o: in function `.hugetlb_unshare_all_pmds':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:64:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_hugetlb_tlb_range'
ld: mm/huge_memory.o: in function `.pgtable_trans_huge_deposit':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1323:
undefined reference to `.radix__pgtable_trans_huge_deposit'
ld: mm/huge_memory.o: in function `.pgtable_trans_huge_withdraw':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1332:
undefined reference to `.radix__pgtable_trans_huge_withdraw'
ld: mm/huge_memory.o: in function `.pmd_hugepage_update.isra.0':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1197:
undefined reference to `.radix__pmd_hugepage_update'
ld: mm/huge_memory.o: in function `.do_huge_pmd_numa_page':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:72:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_range'
ld: mm/huge_memory.o: in function `.move_huge_pmd':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1300:
undefined reference to `.radix__pmdp_huge_get_and_clear'
ld: mm/huge_memory.o: in function `.move_huge_pmd':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:72:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_range'
ld: mm/khugepaged.o: in function `.pmdp_collapse_flush':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1308:
undefined reference to `.radix__pmdp_collapse_flush'
ld: mm/khugepaged.o: in function `.khugepaged':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h:1323:
undefined reference to `.radix__pgtable_trans_huge_deposit'
ld: fs/proc/task_mmu.o: in function `.clear_refs_write':
/usr/src/linux-stable/./arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/tlbflush.h:117:
undefined reference to `.radix__flush_tlb_mm'
ld: warning: creating DT_TEXTREL in a PIE

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.