Subject: [Bug 213837] "Kernel panic - not syncing: corrupted stack end detected inside scheduler" at building via distcc on a G5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 14:20:25 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213837

--- Comment #13 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 299755
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=299755&action=edit
dmesg (5.16-rc2 + patch, PowerMac G5 11,2)

Still happens with with 5.16-rc2, but getting a slightly different error
message this time. Also this crash happened earlier, not at building distcc but
at unpacking the to be built tar.gz archive with tar + pigz:

[...]
stack: c000000005b0e600: 00000000 00000003 c0000000 00105b2c  ..............[,
stack: c000000005b0e610: c0000000 05b0e6a0 0031faa1 bd74990f  .........1...t..
stack: c000000005b0e620: c0000000 00104f50 00000000 00000006  ......OP........
stack: c000000005b0e630: c0000000 05b0e6a0 0031faa1 bd74990f  .........1...t..
kernel tried to execute exec-protected page (c000000005b0bbe0) - exploit
attemp? (uid: 0)
stack: c000000005b0e640: c0000000 00000001 c0000000 022f2a08  ............./*.

The last 2 lines were not in the netconsole.log but only were to be seen on the
screen of the frozen G5 so I added them manually.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.
You are watching someone on the CC list of the bug.