Subject: [Bug 213837] "Kernel panic - not syncing: corrupted stack end detected inside scheduler" at building via distcc on a G5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 15:33:30 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213837

--- Comment #7 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 298919
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=298919&action=edit
dmesg (5.15-rc2 + patch, PowerMac G5 11,2)

(In reply to mpe from comment #6)
> Can you try this patch, it might help us work out what is corrupting the
> stack.
With your patch applied to recent v5.15-rc2 the output looks like this:

[...]
stack corrupted? stack end = 0xc000000029fdc000
stack: c000000029fdbc00: 5a5a5a5a 5a5a5a5a cccccccc cccccccc  ZZZZZZZZ........
stack: c000000029fdbc10: 00000ddc 7c000010 cccccccc cccccccc  ....|...........
stack: c000000029fdbc20: 29fc4e41 673d4bb3 5a5a5a5a 5a5a5a5a  ).NAg=K.ZZZZZZZZ
stack: c000000029fdbc30: cccccccc cccccccc 00000ddc 8e000010  ................
stack: c000000029fdbc40: cccccccc cccccccc 41fc4e41 673d41a3  ........A.NAg=A.
stack: c000000029fdbc50: 5a5a5a5a 5a5a5a5a cccccccc cccccccc  ZZZZZZZZ........
stack: c000000029fdbc60: 00000ddc 8e00000c cccccccc cccccccc  ................
stack: c000000029fdbc70: 79fc4e41 673d4dab 5a5a5a5a 5a5a5a5a  y.NAg=M.ZZZZZZZZ
stack: c000000029fdbc80: cccccccc cccccccc 00000ddc 90000008  ................
stack: c000000029fdbc90: cccccccc cccccccc 91fc4e41 673d4573  ..........NAg=Es
stack: c000000029fdbca0: 5a5a5a5a 5a5a5a5a cccccccc cccccccc  ZZZZZZZZ........
stack: c000000029fdbcb0: 00000dd7 ac000016 cccccccc cccccccc  ................
stack: c000000029fdbcc0: c9fc4e41 673d4203 5a5a5a5a 5a5a5a5a  ..NAg=B.ZZZZZZZZ
stack: c000000029fdbcd0: cccccccc cccccccc 00000ddc 6c000004  ............l...
stack: c000000029fdbce0: cccccccc cccccccc e1fc4e41 673d474b  ..........NAg=GK
stack: c000000029fdbcf0: 5a5a5a5a 5a5a5a5a cccccccc cccccccc  ZZZZZZZZ........
stack: c000000029fdbd00: 00000ddc 88000000 cccccccc cccccccc  ................
stack: c000000029fdbd10: 19fd4e41 673d4143 5a5a5a5a 5a5a5a5a  ..NAg=ACZZZZZZZZ
[...]
stack: c000000029fdffd0: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000  ................
stack: c000000029fdffe0: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000  ................
stack: c000000029fdfff0: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000  ................
Kernel panic - not syncing: corrupted stack end detected inside scheduler
CPU: 0 PID: 686 Comm: kworker/u4:0 Tainted: G        W        
5.15.0-rc2-PowerMacG5+ #2
Workqueue: writeback .wb_workfn (flush-254:1)
Call Trace:
[c000000029fdf400] [c0000000005532c8] .dump_stack_lvl+0x98/0xe0 (unreliable)
[c000000029fdf490] [c000000000069534] .panic+0x14c/0x3e8
[c000000029fdf540] [c00000000081d598] .__schedule+0xc0/0x874
[c000000029fdf610] [c00000000081de98] .preempt_schedule_common+0x28/0x48
[c000000029fdf690] [c00000000081dee4] .__cond_resched+0x2c/0x50
[c000000029fdf700] [c0000000002b31b8] .writeback_sb_inodes+0x328/0x4c8
[c000000029fdf880] [c0000000002b33e8] .__writeback_inodes_wb+0x90/0xcc
[c000000029fdf930] [c0000000002b3650] .wb_writeback+0x22c/0x3c8
[c000000029fdfa50] [c0000000002b45a8] .wb_workfn+0x380/0x460
[c000000029fdfbb0] [c00000000008b300] .process_one_work+0x31c/0x4ec
[c000000029fdfca0] [c00000000008b950] .worker_thread+0x1d4/0x290
[c000000029fdfd60] [c000000000093b0c] .kthread+0x124/0x12c
[c000000029fdfe10] [c00000000000bce0] .ret_from_kernel_thread+0x58/0x60
Rebooting in 40 seconds..

Can't make much sense out of it but hopefully you can. ;) For the full trace
please have a look at the attached kernel dmesg (via netconsole).

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.
You are watching someone on the CC list of the bug.